Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2002

Assistance by Minister to approved bodies.

12.—(1) The Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, pay out of moneys provided by the Oireachtas, a grant in respect of the administrative and general expenses of a body to which this section applies and standing approved of by the Minister for the purposes of this section.

(2) This section applies to a body which—

(a) represents or promotes the formation of co-operative or voluntary groups or associations which have as an object the provision of—

(i) houses, or

(ii) sites (within the meaning of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act, 1998 ) for the accommodation of travellers (within the meaning of that Act),


(b) provides information, advice or training or conducts research in relation to housing including housing needs, standards, management, finance or any other aspect of housing policy either generally or in relation to a particular class or classes of persons that the Minister may specify, in particular, elderly persons, persons with a disability, homeless persons (within the meaning of the Housing Act, 1988 ) or travellers (within the meaning of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act, 1998 ).

(3) A grant made under this section shall be subject to the terms and conditions that may be determined by the Minister from time to time.

(4) This section shall be deemed to have come into operation on 1 January 2001.