Planning and Development Act, 2000

Application to District Court for necessary consent.

65.—(1) A person served with a notice under section 59 (1) or 60 (2) may apply to the District Court for an order under subsection (2) of this section if—

(a) that person is unable, without the consent of another person, to carry out the works required under the notice, and

(b) the other person withholds consent to the carrying out of those works.

(2) If, on hearing an application under subsection (1), the District Court determines that the other person's consent has been unreasonably withheld—

(a) the Court may, at its discretion, deem that consent to have been given, and

(b) in that case, the person making the application shall be entitled to carry out the works required under the notice.