Income Tax Act, 1967.

Relative taking charge of unmarried person's brother or sister.

140.—If the claimant proves—

(a) that he is unmarried and that he has living with him either his mother, being a widow or a person living apart from her husband, or some other female relative, for the purpose of having the charge and care of any brother or sister of his, being a child in respect of whom a deduction is allowed under this Part, and that he maintains the mother or other relative at his own expense; and

(b) that neither he nor any other individual is entitled to a deduction in respect of the same person under any of the other provisions of this Part, or if any other individual is entitled to any such deduction that the other individual has relinquished his claim thereto,

he shall be entitled to a deduction of £100.