Dublin and Blessington Steam Tramway (Abandonment) Act, 1932

Reversion of tramway to roadway.

6.—(1) In this section the word “tramway” means land which was portion of a public road immediately before the commencement of the undertaking and is on the appointed day appropriated to the purpose of the undertaking by reason of the rails and other works of the undertaking being situate thereon or otherwise.

(2) As soon as conveniently may be after the appointed day, the Committee shall remove or cause to be removed from the tramway all rails, sleepers, posts, and other property of the undertaking on or in the tramway, and the tramway shall, piece by piece as such removal, is completed, revert to and again become and be part of the public road for all purposes and shall be maintainable accordingly.

(3) All work which may be necessary for making any part of the tramway which has reverted to the public road an integral part of such road and fit and safe for use as such part of such road shall be executed by and at the expense of the council of the county or county borough in which such road is situate.

(4) Where any portion of the tramway has reverted under this section to the public road, any owner or occupier of land adjoining such portion of the tramway may, within three months after such reversion, require the council of the county or county borough in which such land is situate to execute such construction or repair of fences, gates, conduits, and other works as may be reasonably necessary to the use, enjoyment or security of such land in consequence of such reversion, and thereupon it shall be the duty of such council (subject to the right of appeal hereinafter given) to execute such works at its own expense with all convenient speed.

(5) If any difference or dispute arises between an owner or occupier of land and the council of a county or the county borough as to the necessity for or the nature, character, or extent of any works which such owner or occupier has required such council to execute under this section, such dispute or difference shall be decided by the Minister on the appeal of either such owner or occupier or such council and such decision by the Minister shall be final.