S.I. No. 40/2017 - Statistics (Community Innovation Survey) Order 2017.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 10th February, 2017.
I, ENDA KENNY, Taoiseach, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 25 (1) of the Statistics Act 1993 (No. 21 of 1993) and, in relation to paragraph 1 of the Schedule to the following order, for the purpose of giving full effect to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No. 995/2012 of 26 October 20121 in so far as it relates to Annex II of that Regulation, hereby order as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the Statistics (Community Innovation Survey) Order 2017.
2. (1) In this Order—
“Commission Implementing Regulation” means Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No. 995/2012 of 26 October 20121;
“survey” means the Community Innovation Survey 2016 that is conducted by the Central Statistics Office for the purposes of obtaining, including for the purposes of compliance with the Commission Implementing Regulation, information set out in the Schedule.
(2) A word or expression that is used in this Order and also used in the Commission Implementing Regulation has the same meaning in this Order as in the Commission Implementing Regulation, except where the context otherwise requires.
3. This Order applies to an undertaking that—
(a) engages 10 or more persons, and
(b) is classified for statistical purposes under section B, C, D, E, G, H, J, K or M of NACE Rev. 2, as set out in Annex I to Regulation (EC) No. 1893/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 20062 .
4. A requirement on undertakings to which this Order applies to provide, once only and for the purposes of the survey, information the general nature of which is specified in the Schedule is prescribed for the purposes of section 25 of the Statistics Act 1993 (No. 21 of 1993).
1. Information in relation to the years 2014 to 2016, regarding the following:
(a) general information on the business activity;
(b) product (good or service) innovation;
(c) process innovation;
(d) ongoing or abandoned innovation activities for product and process innovations;
(e) innovation activities and expenditures for product and process innovations;
(f) co-operation for product and process innovation;
(g) organisational innovation;
(h) marketing innovation;
(i) factors hampering innovation activities;
(j) intellectual property rights;
(k) turnover and employment.
2. Particulars of time taken to complete the form, questionnaire or other record prepared by the Director General for the collection of the information referred to in paragraph 1.
GIVEN under my Official Seal,
7 February 2017.