S.I. No. 202/2015 - Statistics (Waste Generation) Order 2015.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 26th May, 2015.
I, ENDA KENNY, Taoiseach, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 25 (1) of the Statistics Act 1993 (No. 21 of 1993) and for the purpose of giving full effect to Regulation (EC) No. 2150/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 20021 , as amended by Commission Regulation (EU) No. 849/2010 of 27 September 20102 , in so far as it relates to Annex I thereto, hereby order as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the Statistics (Waste Generation) Order 2015.
2. (1) In this Order “survey” means the Waste Generation Survey 2014 that is conducted by the Central Statistics Office and required by Regulation (EC) No. 2150/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 20021, as amended by Commission Regulation (EU) No. 849/2010 of 27 September 20102 (in this Article referred to as the “Regulation”).
(2) A word or expression that is used in this Order and also used in the Regulation has the same meaning in this Order as in the Regulation, except where the context otherwise requires.
3. The survey shall be known and referred to as the Waste Generation Survey 2014.
4. This Order applies to an undertaking that is classified for statistical purposes under any section of NACE Rev. 2 set out in Annex I to Regulation (EC) No. 1893/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 20063 .
5. A requirement on undertakings to which this Order applies to provide, once only and for the purposes of the Waste Generation Survey 2014, information the general nature of which is specified in the Schedule is prescribed for the purposes of section 25 of the Statistics Act 1993 (No. 21 of 1993).
Information in relation to the year 2014, regarding the following:
(a) European Waste Catalogue Code for each type of waste;
(b) description of the waste;
(c) quantity of the waste;
(d) location where the waste was treated;
(e) on-site waste treatment operations;
(f) particulars of time taken to complete survey prepared by the Director General for the collection of the information referred to in paragraphs (a) to (e).
GIVEN under my Official Seal,
20 May 2015.