International Protection Act 2015
Functions of Registrar
67. (1) The Registrar shall, in consultation with the chairperson—
(a) manage and control generally the staff and administration of the Tribunal, and
(b) perform such other functions as may be conferred on him or her by the chairperson.
(2) The Registrar shall assign to each member the appeals to be determined by him or her.
(3) Subject to section 63 (4)(a), the Registrar may re-assign an appeal where the member to whom it was originally assigned is unable or unwilling to determine that appeal.
(4) In assigning or re-assigning an appeal to a member the Registrar shall have regard to—
(a) the need to ensure the efficient management of the work of, and the expeditious performance of its functions by, the Tribunal, consistent with fairness and natural justice, and
(b) any guidelines issued by the chairperson under section 63 (3)(a).
(5) The Registrar shall bring to the attention of the chairperson any matter relevant to the chairperson’s functions under subsection (1) or (5) of section 63 .
(6) (a) The Registrar shall, whenever requested by the chairperson, assign to the chairperson—
(i) appeals, or
(ii) a particular appeal,
to be determined by the chairperson under this Act.
(b) In assigning an appeal under paragraph (a), the Registrar shall comply with any direction of the chairperson.
(c) In making a request or giving a direction referred to in this subsection, the chairperson shall have regard to the matters referred to in subsection (4).