Freedom of Information Act 2014
Delegation of certain functions of heads
20. (1) A head may delegate in writing to a member of the staff of the FOI body concerned any of the functions of the head under this Act (other than this section and section 34 ).
(2) A delegation under subsection (1) (“delegation”) may—
(a) relate to functions generally or specified functions or be in respect of records generally or specified classes of records or specified records, and
(b) be to a specified member or specified members of the staff of the FOI body concerned or to such members who are of a specified rank or grade or of a rank or grade not lower than a specified rank or grade,
and may delegate different functions or classes of function to different such members or classes of members.
(3) A delegation may be revoked in whole or in part or amended in writing by the head for the time being of the FOI body concerned.
(4) A delegation shall operate, so long as it continues in force, to confer on and vest in the person concerned the function or functions delegated by the delegation.
(5) References in this Act to a head shall be construed, where appropriate having regard to the context and any delegation under this section, as including references to any person to whom functions stand delegated by the delegation.