Freedom of Information Act 2014
Preliminary and General
Citation and commencement
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), this Act shall come into operation on enactment.
(3) This Act shall come into operation—
(a) in respect of any body or other person that, immediately prior to enactment, was a public body within the meaning of the Act of 1997, on enactment,
(b) in respect of any body or other person that, immediately prior to enactment, was not a public body within the meaning of the Act of 1997, but is a public body within the meaning of this Act, 6 months from enactment or on such later day, not later than 12 months from enactment, as the Minister may by order a ppoint.
(4) Section 8 shall come into operation 12 months from enactment or on such earlier day or days as the Minister may appoint by order or orders either generally or with reference to any particular purpose or provision of that section and different days may be so appointed for different purposes or different provisions.
(5) In this section “enactment” means the date of enactment of this Act.