S.I. No. 405/2011 - European Communities (Eligibility for Protection) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 5th August, 2011.
I, ALAN SHATTER, Minister for Justice and Equality, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 3 of the European Communities Act 1972 (No. 27 of 1972) and for the purpose of giving further effect to Council Directive 2004/83 EC of 29 April 20041 , hereby make the following regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the European Communities (Eligibility for Protection) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
(2) These Regulations and the Principal Regulations may be cited as the European Communities (Eligibility for Protection) Regulations 2006 and 2011.
2. These Regulations come into operation on 1 August 2011.
3. In these Regulations “Principal Regulations” means the European Communities (Eligibility for Protection) Regulations 2006 ( S.I. No. 518 of 2006 ).
4. The Principal Regulations are amended—
(a) by substituting the following for Regulation 18:
18. (1)(a) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), the Minister shall, on application in writing in that behalf and on payment of a fee of €80, issue to a person to whom Regulation 4(4), 16(3)(a) or 16(4)(a) applies a travel document in the form set out in Schedule 2.
(b) Fees payable under this Regulation shall be collected and taken in such manner as the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform directs and shall be paid into or disposed of for the benefit of the Exchequer.
(2) The Minister may, for reasons of national security or public order (ordre public), refuse to issue a travel document.
(3) An applicant for a travel document shall furnish to the Minister such information (if any) as the Minister may reasonably require for the purpose of his or her functions under these Regulations.”,
(b) by substituting the following for Schedule 2:
GIVEN under my Official Seal,
28 July 2011.
Minister for Justice and Equality.