Realisation of property subject to confiscation co-operation order.
53.— (1) Where—
(a) a confiscation co-operation order for the payment of a sum of money has not been satisfied, or
(b) such an order is for the confiscation of property other than such a sum,
the High Court may, on application by the Director of Public Prosecutions, appoint a person to be a receiver in respect of realisable property.
(2) The Court may empower the receiver to take possession of any realisable property subject to such conditions or exceptions as may be specified by the Court.
(3) The Court may order any person having possession or control of any realisable property to give possession of it to the receiver.
(4) The Court may empower the receiver to realise any realisable property in such manner as the Court may direct.
(5) The Court may order any person holding an interest in realisable property to make such payment to the receiver as the Court may direct in respect of any beneficial interest held by the defendant or the recipient of any gift caught by this Act and the Court may, on the payment being made, by order transfer, grant or extinguish any interest in the property.
(6) The Court shall not, in respect of any property, exercise the powers conferred by this section unless a reasonable opportunity has been given to persons holding any interest in the property to make representations to it.