Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Dispute Resolution Committee.
159.—(1) There shall be delegated to the Dispute Resolution Committee by the Board such of the functions of the Board under Part 6 (except those under sections 109 , 121 and 124 ) as the Board determines; functions under that Part may not be delegated to any other committee established under section 157 .
(2) The Dispute Resolution Committee shall consist of not more than 40 members, of which at least 4 must be members of the Board (including the member of the Board appointed as chairperson of the Dispute Resolution Committee).
(3) A member of the Board shall not be eligible for appointment as a member of the Dispute Resolution Committee unless the unexpired period of his or her term of office as a member of the Board is 3 or more years at the date of his or her appointment as a member of the Committee.
(4) The members of the Dispute Resolution Committee shall be appointed by the Board after consultation with the Minister.
(5) The Board, after consultation with the Minister, shall appoint a member of the Dispute Resolution Committee as chairperson of the Committee; that member must be a person who is also a member of the Board.
(6) The Dispute Resolution Committee shall adopt, subject to the approval of the Board and the Minister, rules and procedures for the conduct of its meetings and the performance of its functions generally.
(7) A member of staff of the Board shall act as secretary to the Dispute Resolution Committee.