Planning and Development Act, 2000
Availability of documents relating to planning applications.
38.—(1) Where a planning authority gives its decision in respect of a planning application the following documents shall be made available within 3 working days for inspection and purchase by members of the public during office hours at the offices of the authority:
(a) a copy of the planning application and of any particulars, evidence, environmental impact statement, other written study or further information received or obtained by the authority from the applicant in accordance with regulations under this Act;
(b) a copy of any submissions or observations in relation to the planning application which have been received by the authority;
(c) a copy of any report prepared by or for the authority in relation to the planning application;
(d) a copy of the decision of the authority in respect of the planning application and a copy of the notification of the decision given to the applicant; and
(e) a copy of any documents relating to a contribution or other matter referred to in section 34 (5).
(2) Without prejudice to the Freedom of Information Act, 1997 , and the European Communities Act, 1972 (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations, 1998 ( S.I. No. 125 of 1998 ), and any regulations amending those regulations, the documents referred to under subsection (1) shall be available for inspection for a period of not less than 7 years after the making of the decision by the authority.
(3) Any document referred to in paragraphs (a) and (b) of subsection (1) which is received or obtained by a planning authority shall be made available for inspection and purchase by members of the public at the office hours of the authority from as soon as may be after receipt of the document until a decision is made on the application.
(4) Copies of documents under this section shall be available for purchase on payment of a specified fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making such a copy.
(5) At the end of the period for the availability of documents referred to in subsection (2), a planning authority shall retain at least one original copy of each of those documents in a local archive in accordance with section 65 of the Local Government Act, 1994 .
(6) The Minister may prescribe additional requirements in relation to the availability for inspection by members of the public of documents relating to planning applications.
(7) This section shall apply in respect of any application made to a planning authority after the commencement of this section.