Ministerial policy directives.
29.—(1) The Minister may, from time to time, issue policy directives to planning authorities regarding any of their functions under this Act and planning authorities shall comply with any such directives in the performance of their functions.
(2) Where applicable, the Board shall also comply with any policy directives issued to planning authorities under subsection (1) in the performance of its functions.
(3) The Minister may revoke or amend a policy directive issued under this section.
(4) Where the Minister proposes to issue, amend or revoke a policy directive under this section, a draft of the directive, amendment or revocation shall be laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas and the policy directive shall not be issued, amended or revoked, as the case may be, until a resolution approving the issuing, amending or revocation of the policy directive has been passed by each House.
(5) The Minister shall cause a copy of any policy directive issued under this section to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(6) A planning authority shall make available for inspection by members of the public any policy directive issued to it under this section.
(7) The Minister shall publish or cause to be published, in such manner as he or she considers appropriate, policy directives issued under this section.