Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000
Registration of Copyright Licensing Bodies
Register of copyright licensing bodies.
175.—(1) The Controller shall establish and maintain a register of copyright licensing bodies in such form and manner and containing such particulars as the Minister may prescribe to be known as the “Register of Copyright Licensing Bodies” and referred to in this Part as the “Register”.
(2) The Controller shall keep the Register in such form so that the Register is capable of being used to make a copy of any entry in the Register.
(3) The Register shall be kept at such place as may be prescribed by the Minister and, subject to the payment of such fee as may be prescribed by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance—
(a) the Register shall be made available for inspection by a person at such times and in such manner as may be prescribed by the Minister, and
(b) where a request is made to the Controller for a certified or uncertified copy of, or extract from, an entry in the Register, the Controller shall issue a copy of the entry or extract to the applicant.
(4) An application for registration or renewal of a registration of a licensing body shall be made to the Controller in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the Minister and shall be subject to the payment of such fee as may be prescribed by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(5) The Controller shall register an applicant or renew a registration where the Controller is satisfied that—
(a) the applicant complies with the definition of a licensing body specified in section 38 or 149, and
(b) the applicant has provided such information and satisfied such conditions as may be prescribed by the Minister for the purposes of registration.
(6) The information prescribed under paragraph (b) of subsection (5) and supplied by the applicant for registration shall be placed on the Register, and applicants may apply to the Controller to have such information revised from time to time as circumstances may require.
(7) The information to be prescribed by the Minister under subsection (5)(b) shall include, as appropriate, the following—
(a) the name of the applicant;
(b) the address of the applicant;
(c) the names of the chairperson and other members of the board or officers, or names of partners, as the case may be, of the applicant;
(d) a copy of the memorandum and articles of association, or partnership agreement, as the case may be, of the applicant;
(e) details of the scheme;
(f) details of the scales of charges or proposed charges to be levied by the applicant;
(g) the class of rightsowners represented or proposed to be represented by the applicant; and
(h) in the case of a licensing body within the meaning specified in section 38 , the names of the rightsholder or rightsholders in respect of whom the body concerned claims entitlement to receive payments under that section.
(8) On the registration or renewal of a registration of a licensing body, the Controller shall issue to the applicant a certificate of registration in such form as the Controller shall determine.