Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000
Equitable remuneration: reference of determination of amount to Controller.
126.—(1) In default of agreement as to the amount of equitable remuneration payable under section 125 , the person by or to whom it is payable may apply to the Controller for an order under subsection (4).
(2) Subject to subsection (3), a person by or to whom equitable remuneration is payable under section 125 may also apply to the Controller—
(a) to vary any agreement as to the amount payable, or
(b) to vary any previous determination of the Controller as to the amount payable.
(3) An application may not be made under subsection (2) within 12 months from the date of the previous determination except with the special leave of the Controller.
(4) On an application being made under this section the Controller shall consider the matter and make such order as to the method of calculating and paying equitable remuneration as he or she may determine to be reasonable in the circumstances, having regard to the importance of the contribution of the author.
(5) An order made under subsection (4) shall have effect from the date on which it is made or such later date as may be specified by the Controller.
(6) Remuneration shall not be considered inequitable because it is paid by way of a single payment or at the time of transfer of the rental right.
(7) An agreement is void in so far as it purports to prevent a person challenging the amount of equitable remuneration or to restrict the powers of the Controller conferred by this section.