S.I. No. 377/1999 - British-Irish Agreement Act, 1999 (Commencement) Order, 1999
1. This Order may be cited as the British-Irish Agreement Act, 1999 (Commencement) Order, 1999.
2. In this Order “the Act” means the British-Irish Agreement Act, 1999 (No. 1 of 1999).
3. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3) of this Article, the 2nd day of December, 1999 is hereby fixed as the day on which the Act shall come into operation.
(2) The 1st day of April, 2000, is hereby fixed as the day on which sections 11, 13 and 41 of the Act, shall, in so far as they relate to—
the Erne System,
the Grand Canal (including the Barrow Navigation),
the Lower Bann Navigation,
the Royal Canal, and
the Shannon Navigation,
come into operation.
(3) Paragraph (1) of this Article does not apply to—
(a) section 36, 37 or 38(2) of the Act, or
(b) section 38(1), or the Table to Part VII, of the Act in so far as they repeal an Act of the Irish Parliament passed in the year 1786 and entitled “an Act for promoting the Trade of Dublin by rendering its Port and Harbour more commodious”.