S.I. No. 293/1996 - National Cancer Registry Board (Establishment) Order, 1991 (Amendment) Order, 1996.
S.I. No. 293 of 1996.
NATIONAL CANCER REGISTRY BOARD (ESTABLISHMENT) ORDER, 1991 (AMENDMENT) ORDER, 1996.
The Minister for Health, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by Sections 3 to 6 of the Health (Corporate Bodies) Act, 1961 (No. 27 of 1961) hereby orders as follows:—
(1) This Order may be cited as the National Cancer Registry Board (Establishment) Order, 1991 (Amendment) Order, 1996.
(2) The National Cancer Registry Board (Establishment) Order. 1991 ( S.I. No. 19 of 1991 ) is hereby amended:
a. by the substitution of the words "not more than ten members" for the words "not more than nine members" where the latter occur in article 5. (1).
b. by the insertion after article 5. (1) (vi) of the following:
(vii) One member shall be appointed on the nomination of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland.
c. by the substitution of the following article for the existing article 23:
23. (1) The Board may, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, appoint such and so many officers and employ such and so many servants as the Board may, from time to time, think proper and in appointing any officer or employing any servant the Board shall comply with any directions given by the Minister relating to the procedure to be followed.
(2) The Board shall, with the consent of the Minister, determine the remuneration and conditions of service of each officer and each servant.
(3) Any officer of the Board holding office in a permanent capacity shall cease to hold his or her office on attaining the age of sixty-five years.
(4) The Board shall, from time to time, assign such duties as it considers appropriate to each officer and servant of the Board and each such officer and servant shall perform the duties so assigned to him or her.
(5) The Minister may, whenever and so often as he or she thinks fit, declare that any of the powers conferred on the Board by this article shall be exercisable only with the consent of the Minister, and whenever any such declaration is in force, the said powers may, in relation to any office or employment to which the declaration applies, be exercised only with such consent.
GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for Health this 3rd.
day of October, 1996.
Minister for Health
This Order allows for the nomination by the Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland of one member of the Board of the National Cancer Registry, and also allows the Board to appoint staff on a permanent basis.