S.I. No. 32/1986 - New Coinage (Twenty Pence) Order, 1986.
S.I. No. 32 of 1986.
NEW COINAGE (TWENTY PENCE) ORDER, 1986.
WHEREAS I, ALAN M. DUKES, Minister for Finance, have decided to provide cupro-nickel coins of a denomination of twenty pence pursuant to section 3 (5) of the Decimal Currency Act, 1969 (No. 23 of 1969):
1. This Order may be cited as the New Coinage (Twenty Pence) Order, 1986.
3. It is hereby declared that it is expedient to provide new coins of a mixture containing 79 per cent. copper, 20 per cent. zinc and 1 per cent. nickel.
4. The standard weight of each new coin shall be 8.47 grams.
5. The weight remedy, that is to say the maximum variation from the standard weight applicable to the average weight of a coin in a sample of not more than one kilogram shall be 0.055 grams.
6. The composition remedy, that is to say the maximum variation from the standard composition of each coin shall not exceed 2 per cent. copper, 2 per cent. zinc and 0.2 per cent. nickel.
GIVEN under my Official Seal, this 5th day of February, 1986.
ALAN M. DUKES,
Minister for Finance.
This Order provides for the issue of a 20p coin and details the weight and composition of the new coin.
The Order shall not come into force until confirmed by resolution of each House of the Oireachtas.