S.I. No. 112/1986 - Coinage (Dimension and Design) Regulations, 1986.
S.I. No. 112 of 1986.
COINAGE (DIMENSION AND DESIGN) REGULATIONS, 1986.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Coinage (Dimension and Design) Regulations, 1986.
2. In these Regulations "the coins" means the coins to be provided under the New Coinage (Twenty Pence) Order, 1986 ( S.I. No. 32 of 1986 ).
3. The coins shall be circular in shape and the diameter of each of the coins to be provided shall be 2.7100 centimetres.
4. The edge of each of the coins shall be alternating arcs of plain and milled surface.
5. Each of the coins shall have for the obverse impression a harp, together with the inscription "Eire" and the date of the year and the reverse impression shall be a horse and the inscription "20p".
GIVEN under my Official Seal this 23rd day of May, 1986.
Minister for Finance.
These regulations specify the dimensions and design of the 20 pence coin which shall be issued later this year under the New Coinage (Twenty Pence) Order, 1986 ( S.I. No. 32 of 1986 ).