14.—(1) An tÚdarás may at any time prepare and submit to the Minister a scheme or schemes for the granting of superannuation allowances by way of pension, lump sum or gratuity to, or in respect of, appropriate members of the staff of an tÚdarás.
(2) A scheme submitted to the Minister under this section shall, if approved by the Minister with the concurrence of the Minister for the Public Service, be carried out by an tÚdarás in accordance with its terms.
(3) An tÚdarás may at any time, with the approval of the Minister and the concurrence of the Minister for the Public Service, amend a scheme under this section.
(4) A scheme submitted and approved under this section shall fix the time and conditions of retirement for all persons to whom allowances are payable under the scheme, and different times and conditions may be fixed in respect of different classes of persons.
(5) If any dispute arises as to the claim of any person to, or the amount of, any allowance payable in pursuance of a scheme under this section, it shall be submitted to the Minister for determination by him, subject to the agreement of the Minster for the Public Service.
(6) No pension, gratuity, allowance or other payment shall be granted by an tÚdarás nor shall any other arrangements be entered into by an tÚdarás for the provision of a pension, gratuity, allowance or other payment on the resignation, retirement or death of a member of the staff of an tÚdarás, other than in accordance with a scheme approved under this section.
(7) Every scheme submitted and approved under this section shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas as soon as may be after it is approved and if either House, within the next twenty-one days on which that House has sat after the scheme is laid before it, passes a resolution annulling the scheme, the scheme shall be annulled accordingly, but without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under the scheme.