Wildlife Act, 1976

Appeal against seizures.

77.—Any person who is aggrieved by a seizure and detention under this Act may appeal to a Justice of the District Court and in determining the appeal the Justice may—

(a) if he is satisfied that the document or other thing was properly seized, confirm the seizure and detention, and

(b) if he is not so satisfied, order the person who made the seizure to return to the person the document or other thing seized and order the Minister to pay to the person such compensation (if any), costs (if any) and expenses (if any) as he considers reasonable having regard to any loss, costs and expenses incurred by the person by reason of the seizure and detention.