S.I. No. 158/1968 - Hire-Purchase (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order, 1968.
S.I. No. 158 of 1968.
HIRE-PURCHASE (TRANSFER OF DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND MINISTERIAL FUNCTIONS) ORDER, 1968.
1. This Order may be cited as the Hire-Purchase (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order, 1968.
2. In this Order " functions " includes powers and duties.
3. The administration and business in connection with the exercise, performance or execution of the functions transferred by Article 4 of this Order are hereby transferred to the Department of Finance.
4. (1) The functions vested in the Minister for Industry and Commerce under section 6 of the Hire-Purchase (Amendment) Act, 1960 (No. 15 of 1960), are hereby, in so far as they relate to the making of provision in orders under that section for the matters specified in paragraphs (b) and (c) of subsection (2) of that section, transferred to the Minister for Finance.
(2) References to the Minister for Industry and Commerce contained in any Act or instrument made thereunder and relating to the functions transferred by paragraph (1) of this Article shall be construed as references to the Minister for Finance.
GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Government, this 24th day
of July, 1968.
SEÁN Ó LOINSIGH,
This Order provides for the transfer from the Minister for Industry and Commerce to the Minister for Finance of certain functions relating to the regulation and control of hire-purchase, credit sale and letting of goods.