Miscellaneous and General.
Capital Services Redemption Account.
15.—(1) In this section—
“the third additional annuity” means the sum charged on the Central Fund under subsection (4) of this section;
“the Minister”, “the Account” and “capital services” have the same meanings respectively as they have in the principal section.
(2) Subsection (4) of the 1952 amending section shall, in relation to the twenty-nine successive financial years commencing with the financial year ending on the 31st day of March, 1954, have effect with the substitution of “£463,805” for “£501,922”.
(3) Subsection (6) of the 1952 amending section shall have effect with the substitution of “£292,755” for “£323,127”.
(4) A sum of £767,274 to redeem borrowings, and interest thereon, in respect of capital services shall be charged annually on the Central Fund or the growing produce thereof in the thirty successive financial years commencing with the financial year ending on the 31st day of March, 1954.
(5) The third additional annuity shall be paid into the Account in such manner and at such times in the relevant financial year as the Minister may determine.
(6) Any amount of the third additional annuity, not exceeding £493,955 in any financial year, may be applied towards defraying the interest on the public debt.
(7) The balance of the third additional annuity shall be applied in any one or more of the ways specified in subsection (6) of the principal section.