06/02/1926: Land Purchase Acts
LAND PURCHASE ACTS- PROVISIONAL RULES
DIRECTIONS ISSUED BY THE JUDICIAL COMMISSIONER.
Total purchase money not exceeding £100.
1. When the total purchase money of all the land of any owner which in normal circumstances shall become vested in the Land Commission under the Land Act, 1923 , shall not exceed £100, as soon as a Provisional List or other official intimation indicating the land that shall become so vested shall have been issued, and before preparing a statement of ownership, the owner or his solicitor should attend before the Examiner to take directions as to whether the lodgment of such statement may be dispensed with, and generally as to the evidence that shall be required, and the proceedings that should be taken to obtain payment or distribution of the purchase money.
No costs incurred after the publication of this Direction of proceedings towards distribution in any such case which are not in accordance with the directions of the Examiner shall be allowed on taxation without the direction of the Judicial Commissioner.
Total purchase money not exceeding £200 to £300.
2. When the total purchase money, as above, exceeds £100, but does not exceed £200 to £300, the owner or his solicitor should consult the Examiner to ascertain to what extent the above direction may be applied.
3. Paragraph 27 of the Directions of the Judicial Commissioner, issued 5th February, 1924, is to be amended by substituting £2,000 for £1,000 in each of the Clauses (d) and (e).
IRISH LAND COMMISSION.
The Irish Land Commission in exercise of the power in that behalf conferred by Section 2 of the Rules Publication Act, 1893, hereby certifies that on account of urgency the Rules set forth in the Schedule hereto should come into immediate operation, and hereby orders that the said Rules shall come into operation forthwith as Provisional Rules and continue in force until Rules shall have been made in accordance with the provisions of the above mentioned Act.
Dated this 25th day of June, 1929.
IRISH LAND COMMISSION.
PROVISIONAL RULES UNDER THE LAND PURCHASE ACTS AMENDING THE PROVISIONAL RULES DATED 5th FEBRUARY, 1924, AND 24th AUGUST, 1927.
25th day of June, 1929.
It is this day ordered by the Irish Land Commission in pursuance of the powers conferred by Sub-section 6 of Section 29 of the Purchase of Land (Ireland) Act, 1891, Section 76 of the Land Act, 1923 , and Section 57 of the Land Act, 1927 , and of every other power the said Commissioners thereunto enabling, and after consultation with the President of the Incoporated Law Society of Ireland as follows :—
(1) Rule 2 of Order XIII. of the Provisional Rules under the Land Purchase Acts dated the 5th February, 1924, shall be amended by substituting one month for two months as the period prescribed by the Rule for lodging an objection to a Provisional List of Lands which will, if not excluded in consequence of a valid objection, become vested in the Land Commission on the appointed day.
(2) Rule 1 of Order XIV. of the Provisional Rules under the Land Purchase Acts dated the 5th February, 1924, shall be amended by substituting one month for two months as the period prescribed by the Rule for the making of an application by a landlord or tenant of a holding subject to a judicial rent fixed by agreement on the reinstatement therein of a tenant who or whose predecessor in title had been evicted therefrom, to have the Standard Purchase Annuity fixed as if the rent were a non-judicial rent.
(3) Rule 2 of Order XIV. of the Provisional Rules under the Land Purchase Acts dated the 5th February, 1924, shall be amended by substituting one month for two months as the period prescribed by the Rule for lodging an agreement between a landlord and a tenant of a holding subject to a rent other than a judicial rent fixing the amount of the Standard Purchase Annuity.
(4) The services prescribed by Rule 4 of Order XIII, and Rule 4 of Order XIV. of the Provisional Rules of the 5th February, 1924, may be by registered post.
(5) Rule 4 of Order IV. of the Provisional Rules of the 24th August, 1927, is hereby rescinded. The words " and no appeal has been taken therefrom or if the declaration be confirmed on appeal " are hereby deleted from Rule 5 of the same Order.